Regional Assessment Manager – Abacus Specialist Bathroom Solutions – South East England
JOB TITLE: Regional Assessment Manager
REPORTING TO: National Sales Manager
Reporting to the National Sales Manager and being a member of Abacus Specialist Bathroom Solutions’ sales team, the Regional Assessment Manager (RAM) will be responsible for the sales in the South Eastern district covering East Midlands, East Anglia, Greater London and South East.
Abacus is a market-leading specialist manufacturer of assistive bathroom equipment for the paediatric/young adults market. Route to market involves close cooperation with Case Workers, Occupational Therapists, Local Authorities, Councils, Building Contractors etc. We are proudly offering the widest range of high-quality baths for bespoke assistive bathing requirements.
Abacus Specialist Bathroom Solutions is one of three market-leading brands under the umbrella structure of Gainsborough Healthcare Group Ltd (GHG).
For more than 30 years, GHG has manufactured assisted baths at our factory in Aldridge, West Midlands. Every single bath is tailor-made to individual customer requirements. Our highly skilled craftsmen take pride in delivering ultimate quality from hand-made glass fibre mouldings via excellence in trimming, polishing and refinement, with assembly of high-tech electro-mechanical product functionality.
We have recently added total assistive bathroom and wet room solutions to the product offering. As such, GHG is the only supplier operating in the assistive bathroom industry who is able to deliver a 360-degree solution. Abacus is the preferred supplier of many leading OTs in the UK and is pursuing an ambitious strategy to build on its current success.
Abacus’ sister brand, Gainsborough Specialist Bathrooms (GSB) is a leading supplier of assistive bathroom equipment serving the long-term care and acute markets (care homes and hospitals). The other brand, Access walk-in-baths, focuses on the domestic market with solutions for mobility and independence in the home – sold through trade dealers. The Group’s vision is to be the thought leader and is currently experiencing significant growth in all specialist sectors.
The new RAM will be responsible for the South East of England, covering East Midlands, East Anglia, Greater London and the South East. Abacus operates three sales regions and the South Eastern region is thought to be underutilised for its market potential. The RAM will be supported by professional centralised functions including marketing, PR, telesales and lead generation, as well as efficient internal sales administration.
The RAM will be accountable for business development and the funnelling of leads for the region including establishing, developing and managing a regionwide, loyal customer portfolio – in order to deliver targeted sales.
Abacus’ sales management is orchestrated via Salesforce and it will be the RAM’s responsibility to build, manage and maintain an already well-established stream of leads.
The business is run with a strong focus on KPI and target orientation. Weekly sales conferences (phone) are in place to ensure comprehensive support, direction and follow-up of targets across regions.
This role is of key importance to the company as the Abacus brand is targeted to deliver significant growth over the coming three years. As such, it is a demanding yet rewarding opportunity for a driven, ambitious Sales and Business Developer who wants to join a successful group of people who are all passionate specialists within their field.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Lead Abacus division in East Midlands, East Anglia, Greater London and the South East to achieve defined sales targets
- Gravitas as “Mrs or Mr” Abacus in the region – and provide a regular/single point of contact for the region’s customers and prospects
- Carry out surveys, demonstrations and assessments as well as prepare proposals and quotations
- Negotiate and win new business [contracts]
- Maintain and develop existing loyal customer portfolio [repeat business]
- Deliver comprehensive sales and after sales support to designated area customers
- Achieve set targets and budget – both volume and value, both order intake and invoiced orders
- Present her/himself as a professional healthcare supplier and command a confident personality and profile
2. Adhere to KPI and management reports and liaise with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Internal Sales, Product Management)
- Maintain Salesforce (CRM) system
- Close liaison with the internal sales admin team to ensure a smooth acceptance and management of orders and enquiries
- Maintain accurate customer records of all sales activities
3. Attend and arrange an extensive programme of exhibitions and CPD seminars as and when required
4. Co-responsible (with National Sales Manager) for Key Account Management towards larger customer groups as and when required
5. Carry out any other reasonable requests and tasks as defined by management
The RAM must have strong commercial drive with a winning mentality. Ideally, the candidate is experienced within the mobility industry and has the ability to empathise and operate in an emotive channel, while driving commercial success. The right personality and mentality are very important for us.
This role will require a candidate with relevant experience from managing and interacting with key decision makers within a B2B industry as well as more emotive channels (OT’s, Case Workers, Local Councils).
The candidate will need to be driven, hardworking, robust, structured and target-orientated with an efficient mindset ie. getting things done as a key priority. This must be combined with the ability to open doors, establish relationships and build long-term business platforms amongst demanding customers and in a competitive environment.
Job specific requirements:
- Commercial experience from relevant B2B industries (e.g. Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, etc.)
- Assistive bathroom/wet room/mobility/independent living industry experience (preferably)
- Min. 5 years of experience of B2B key account business development
- Major outbound customer engagement and feedback/follow up meetings
- Previous sales target achievement experience
- Ability to work and interact within technical environments (technical understanding advantageous)
- Willingness/ability to travel a significant amount of time (>70% of time) incl. overnight stay away
- Ability to lead, influence and manage multiple projects
- Clean driving license to drive the region’s Abacus demonstration vehicle (Renault Lo-Loader)
- Physically fit and strong in order to handle/manoeuvre big and bulky bathing equipment
- Strong IT skills across relevant applications (Excel, Word, Salesforce etc)
- Be a Customer Service Champion
- Extraordinary winning commercial leadership
- Communicative, articulate and service orientated
- Strong and positive self-starter with the ability to define and build business autonomously
- Ability to deal with a significant workload from time to time
- Structured and results focused
- Disciplined and well organised – pro-active planning
- Honest, collaborative & transparent team player
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can do attitude
To enquire about the job role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org://thiis.co.uk/jobs/regional-assessment-manager-abacus-specialist-bathroom-solutions-south-east-england/https://i2.wp.com/thiis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Abacus-TN.jpg?fit=400%2C400&ssl=1https://i2.wp.com/thiis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Abacus-TN.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1Abacus Specialist Bathroom Solutions,assistive bathing,bathroom equipment,job,RAM,recruiter,recruitment,Regional Assessment Manager,salesJOB TITLE: Regional Assessment Manager REPORTING TO: National Sales Manager MAIN DUTIES: Reporting to the National Sales Manager and being a member of Abacus Specialist Bathroom Solutions’ sales team, the Regional Assessment Manager (RAM) will be responsible for the sales in the South Eastern district covering East Midlands, East Anglia, Greater London...Sarah SarsbySarah Sarsbysarah@thiis.co.ukAdministratorTHIIS Magazine