Clinical Product Support Specialist – Drive DeVilbiss – Home based
Role: Clinical Product Support Specialist
Location: Home-based, international travel may be required.
Package: Competitive rate – dependent on skills and experience. Hybrid working. 26 days annual holidays (excluding bank holidays), increases with length of service. Auto-enrolment pension, life assurance, BUPA cash plan & employee assistance programme. Free onsite parking at all Drive DeVilbiss sites. Long service recognition scheme and bike to work scheme.
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare are one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of medical devices and independent living products in the UK and form part of the Drive Medical Group, a leading global supplier of medical devices. The company provides products and services to retail, e-commerce, acute hospitals, long-term care and community customers across the UK.
The position will provide the full remit of clinical support training, production of education material for both internal and external consumption, support with marketing projects and the design, implementation, data gathering and write-up of product evaluations to support product marketing. The role provides support to the whole of the international division. Product support material will be designed to differentiate/add value to our current product ranges providing the commercial teams the opportunity to increase selling prices and margins.
This role will also have the responsibility of ensuring relevant Drive employees are up to date with clinical policies, practices and other industry changes and have an understanding of products within our portfolio to support individuals to carry out their roles effectively. This role will also provide support to other departments within the company by guiding and influencing from a clinical perspective.
This role is for a highly organised individual, who is clinically qualified, with experience in a healthcare setting of manual handling and general patient care needs, both elderly and paediatric. The individual will deliver very structured and managed product strategies and deliver high-quality support to the sales team and other departments within the business. Must be adaptable to business needs and have strong time management and experience in clinical research publishing. This role requires a professional clinician with commercial experience who is enthusiastic and dedicated and who enjoys supporting others and can work successfully as part of a team.
The Clinical Product Support Specialist will have responsibilities in both the field and office (Halifax or regional services centres). The role will cover requirements across the UK, but will be predominantly home-based, some international travel may be required.
Hours of Work
The hours of work will be 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday. It is essential that the successful candidate has a flexible outlook to the hours worked. There will be occasions where you are required to work over and above these hours and this may include overnight stays.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support Product Managers to ensure product viability based on patient needs through the product development process.
- Completing product reviews on relevant NPD projects to support decision making process to progress.
- Champion key projects with a clinical/patient focus, supporting with specifications to identify USP’s etc.
- Communicate changes in professional practices and recommendations from professional bodies to support both new and existing product management.
- Support Marketing and Product Management to ensure product communications are accurate, up-to-date and clear.
- To work with and support the International Category Managers and UK Sales team by providing guidance in line with current professional practices and a standardised approach to our clinical messaging, that meets regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to the contracts and tender teams with knowledge, information and guidance on product selection, product utilisation and correct usage during the preparation of tender returns.
- Preparing, organising delivering and writing up of papers that supports products, patient and carer benefits and the outcomes they achieve.
- Support Commercial Teams to ensure they have the tools and resources needed to upskill their product knowledge based on user/carer requirement to maximise margins and sales opportunities, through proactive management and close working with Commercial leaders.
- Identify and develop clinical training solutions and methods of delivery to ensure our offering is in line with our customers’ requirements and is supported by latest clinical evidence and guidance.
- To work with other departments within Drive Devilbiss to develop evidence and case studies to underpin any product which requires clinical support materials.
- To assist the Sales and clinical services team in managing and reporting on clinical evaluations, ensuring appropriate documentation of evaluations is received and utilised appropriately.
- Providing a fully incorporated support service with clinical assessment/ evaluation/education packages for customers with an aim to increase effective patient outcomes by delivering product gap analysis.
- To support with clinical information for the development of new e-learning packages and other supporting education programs for our customers.
- Support the sales, tenders and contracts and sales support teams with clinical advice and product support to outline the clinical benefits and outcomes we can achieve from products for both the patient and caregivers.
- Support delivery of internal training to ensure customer-facing staff have relevant product training on clinical led products, ensuring they understand the clinical aspects of those products and the benefits to patients and carers. Provide tailored training sessions across the sales and service teams at periodic intervals to suit the requirements of the individual country/regional managers.
- Provide and develop appropriate clinical induction (on-board) training for any medical products within our portfolio in line with the company clinical training policy.
- Provide clinical support as required to regulatory and compliance teams associated to the use and implementation of products during compliance testing and regulatory documentation preparation, to be aligned with regulatory requirements, MDR and any relevant advertising standards.
- Attendance at conferences, exhibitions and study days, where deemed appropriate to update professional accountability and knowledge. To cascade and update all relevant staff and departments across international of any relevant factors.
- Attendance at the company’s sales meetings, when appropriate and other company meetings which may be called upon from time to time.
- To submit quarterly action plans and objectives and agree plans of action with the Head of Category Management. To ensure all new added-value services are introduced and utilised appropriately within the relevant customer accounts. Work with and support the Sales Managers to drive new products forward.
- Provide support and clinical guidance to other departments in relation to product development and attend relevant meetings where necessary.
Key Result Areas
- Management of clinical research and publication
- Management of clinical product messaging
- Effective support of the UK commercial teams
Supporting the company objective of growing revenue faster than the market growth and growing margin faster than revenue growth
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience as a clinical specialist / manager within a clinical placement.
- The successful candidate will have experience of moving and handling of people assessment within a clinical setting.
- It would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have Tissue Viability qualifications.
- The successful candidate will have experience in a Commercial environment and supporting marketing functions.
- The successful candidate will have a nursing or occupational therapy qualification and a good level of general education and be efficient in verbal and technical communications, with excellent written communication.
- It would be advantageous for the successful candidate to hold a Moving and Handling qualification.
- The successful candidate will have experience of delivering research documentation / publication.
- A competitive rate will be paid to the successful applicant dependent on skills and experience
- Hybrid working, working from home with the ability to work in the office as and when required
- 26 days annual holidays (Excluding bank holidays) which increases with length of service
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Life Assurance – 4 x salary
- BUPA Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Programme
- Free onsite parking at all out sites
- Long Service Recognition Scheme
- Bike to Work Scheme
Closing date is Friday 19th November but may be closed earlier if there are enough applications received; applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please visit our website for more details about our Company https://drivedevilbiss.co.uk/
Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employerhttps://thiis.co.uk/jobs/clinical-product-support-specialist-drive-devilbiss-home-based/https://i0.wp.com/thiis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/driveNEW.jpg?fit=400%2C400&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/thiis.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/driveNEW.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1Clinical Product,Clinical Product Specialist,Clinical Specialist,Drive DeVilbiss healthcare,Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare job,job,mobility job,product specialist,recruiter,recruitmentRole: Clinical Product Support Specialist Location: Home-based, international travel may be required. Package: Competitive rate - dependent on skills and experience. Hybrid working. 26 days annual holidays (excluding bank holidays), increases with length of service. Auto-enrolment pension, life assurance, BUPA cash plan & employee assistance programme. Free onsite parking at all...Millie YorkMillie Yorkmillie.email@example.comAdministratorTHIIS Magazine