Occupational Therapists - Blatchford - Dudley / Tameside
Blatchford is an award-winning rehabilitation provider, who are proud to be industry leaders in the market with specialists around the world and the leading supplier of services and products to the NHS.
We now have exciting opportunities for Occupational Therapists, to join our Wheelchair services in Dudley and in Tameside, and deliver an outstanding clinical service to a variety of patients.
The Occupational Therapists are role models, who take responsibility for the delivery of an effective patient led service within a fast paced environment, including:
- Utilising specialist knowledge and skills, to provide operational and clinical advice to staff, the multi-disciplinary team and to service users, providing appropriate education to patients and carers in order to encourage patient participation in the management of their condition
- Managing a caseload of patients including those with complex/specialist needs, utilising clinical reasoning and specialist skills to assess, plan and implement treatment regimens for patients, and to prescribe, plan and co-ordinate home assessments, to ensure all appropriate recommendations are actioned within the designated time frames
- Using specialist techniques for the handling of patients with physical and cognitive needs and appropriate techniques or precautions when treating/handling patients when presenting with behaviours and/or mental health needs
- Ensuring patient records are maintained and providing typed reports of assessments and handovers carried out, as necessary, guaranteeing that all reports written by self, supervisees or students are to an acceptable standard
- Taking an active role in developing and promoting the wheelchair service within the organisation, monitoring and evaluating systems to ensure that the quality of the service is maintained; identifying opportunities for development and implementing them where appropriate
- Supporting the manager in the delivery of key performance indicators and quality initiatives and supporting less experienced members of the team including assisting with training, development and leadership
- Having an awareness of local and national initiatives and of medical, political and therapeutic developments impacting on the wheelchair services and healthcare delivery, reviewing the implications
within the service
- Maintaining a strong, current theoretical knowledge base and keeping up to date with all developments associated with postural management and mobility equipment
- Driving change through the service and being responsible for promoting developments in new techniques and the application of current, evidence-based practice at every opportunity
The successful candidates will be excellent professional communicators, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues both within and outside Wheelchair Services to improve patient care; and externally to further develop the service and provide the best possible care to patients. They will be flexible and innovative in their approach and have strong organisation, prioritisation and decision-making skills. They will be enthusiastic and have a positive approach, with the ability to motivate, lead and inspire others.
Strong experience of working in a similar clinical role is essential, and the successful applicants will also be degree qualified and be HCPC registered.
We have a number of roles available in both locations, on either a full or part-time basis. We offer competitive packages, excellent benefits and the opportunity to work as an integral part of a developing service.
These really are outstanding openings for the right candidates to join our specialist wheelchair teams and drive the success of our services, so if this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV to Laura Mann, HR Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Laura in confidence on 0114 263 7952 to find out more. In your cover email, please specify which location you are applying to and what working pattern you would prefer